October 31, 2012

Hearts, Flowers and a lovely French Restaurant

As dead as a __________ .

We were playing some similes game with my family when someone shouted "As dead as a *insert answer here*" to which I responded "Doorknob!!". Then came the uproar. 
"Oh Sharon, is that what you used to hear in school? Doorknob? It's Dodo, silly! Good thing we just schooled you on that cos we don't want you passing on your wrong answers to your kids. Hahaha..."

Well mum, dad, Jeff, Connie and Amani, I've got news for y'all. 
I'd like to go on record as saying that "as dead as a doorknob" does exist. 
I Googled it.. and we all know that Google almost never lies. 

So on Sunday, after having lunch at home, my family and I stepped out to go have a coffee/snack at a beautiful restaurant on Riverside Drive (can't remember its name but rest assured I'm finding my way back there soon). Unfortunately it doesn't open on Sunday so we ended up driving around Westlands for a while before my dad suggested that we go to Ambiance . It's a really cute French Restaurant that's on Manyani Rd, off James Gichuru. It's funny cos in that same building/space, there's Aromatics Spa (which is where I usually go to get a wax), Kemaya (a clothes boutique) and Ambiance of course.

I had all of 5 minutes to get dressed cos this was a spur of the moment decision and everyone kept shouting "SHAROOON, get out of the house!! Why you always the last one out..blah blah blah" 
All that pressure made me to forget to wear any accessories which makes me want to photoshop some onto these pictures. Life without accessories would be so dull. 

Top - can't remember but my mother may have given it to me; Skirt - Mr. Price (SA); Tights - Woolworths; Boots - Mr. Price; Clutch - Adams

I decided to play with prints this time round and chose a flowered blouse which I paired with one of my favourite skirts which has cute heart motifs on it! I remember reading that the key to mixing prints is balance - it's best to mix smaller prints (such as those on my blouse) with larger ones (the hearts on my skirt). It makes it easier on the eyes and I have to agree! What do you think? 

My dad spotted this flower at Ambience and kept shouting over to Jeff and I "Come take a picture next to this flower - Sharon I don't think you've ever had a more beautiful background for your posts.."
Well I indulged him and there you have it folks, the most beautiful background ever - one lonesome flower on a large pot. Be amazed. 

Black and white photos are so darn necessary. 

We were pretty much the only customers there and I'm not sure why considering it's a pretty cool place. I guess people tend to stay in more on Sundays? 
We didn't have meals there, just coffees and teas and the like so this won't be the usual restaurant review. My latte was KES250 (about $3). 


I love moments like these when Amani looks all grown up, reading through the menu by herself! It seems like it's just the other day she was in her stroller..





Happy hump day friends :)

Oh and by the way I did a short interview on Kurly Kichana's blog which you can check out HERE. 
Let me know what you think!

xo

17 comments:

  1. addicted to your posts. lovely creativity and fashion style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merilyn, you just made my heart melt.
      Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

      Delete
  2. You found Kurly Kichana? The Kenyan blogging community must be so interactive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey i just discovered your blog and am loving every bit of it. You look FAB!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay! Thanks Nashipae, beautiful day :)

      Delete
  4. Have read your KK interview, looks more like they found you? Anyway it was great and you did come off sweet :)

    Ambiance is the French restaurant? That menu looks so African/Tribal themed? (I'm a graphics designer so I pick up on such :/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marvis!

      I don't know much about French architecture or decor so wouldn't have picked that up.. But yeah, the cuisine is definitely French!

      Delete
  5. This blog makes me feel so at home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the sweetest thing! Glad to hear it :)

      Delete
  6. it is dead as a dodo though. LOL. maybe doorknob too, but in school, defo dodo. love the post! mixing prints is something I will try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Clearly I missed that class and got doorknob from somewhere..

      Delete
    2. Sharon I was taught the same dead as a doorknob not dodo. Anyway... loved your interview with KK. And as always love every post. Even if you dont have accessories, I wont judge. Not out loud at least. :)

      Delete
    3. Sharon I was taught the same dead as a doorknob not dodo. Anyway... loved your interview with KK. And as always love every post. Even if you dont have accessories, I wont judge. Not out loud at least. :)

      Delete
    4. Finally someone who's speaking my language! And thanks hun :) did you go natural too?! I forgot whether you told me you did or not..

      Delete
  7. I love your blog. You write so well and your outfits are amazing! I may also want to steal your camera ;-)

    Great interview on Kurly Kichana btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much!!

      And I may very well steal that yellow cross body bag you've got in your most recent post. It's sooo cute!

      I Must Find My Way To Malaysia ASAP.

      Delete
  8. I love your present ability your random ideas and how you write. The fashion is attractive, i love it.

    I do too have a blog, here is the link: bcece-evenangle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...