October 06, 2012

50,000 hits, Business Cards & Swahili Fashion Week Outfit


The reception I've been getting lately regarding my blog has been so overwhelming.


Now this statement can be slightly misleading because to a certain extent it implies that I get tonnes of messages and emails from people daily but this isn't true. However, from the few that I've been receiving, it's made me so grateful for starting this blog and the consequent connections I have made with you all. You may not always leave a comment but I still see you in the numbers as the hits go up. Yesterday my blog hit a total of 50,000 views which made my heart momentarily lose it and start doing somersaults and star jumps! It was awesome. 

Sometimes I'm scared I'll wake up, put up a post and you guys won't show up.. and where's the fun in blogging when you don't have someone to read what you have to say? It's like talking and not having anyone to listen to you. If I could reach into this screen and hug you; you who took the time to visit This Is Ess, share it with your friends and/or comment on it, I would do it in a heartbeat. Really, truly, I'm-not-sure-how-else-to-say-this-but, from the bottom of my heart thank you. 

We made it to 50,000! Can't wait to hit 100,000!!!
I might throw a party. 
~.~

I decided the time had come for me to get some business cards!!
This way when I talk to someone about my blog they can easily check it out when they've got time. Plus there's the fact that sometimes people think I say This Is Us - I know this cos I've seen them write it down that way. Hah, perhaps I need to work on my pronunciation?
They cost me KES800 (about $10) for 100.

A peek at my outfit for Swahili Fashion Week!
I'm a little nervous about the event tonight but what's life without a few nerves to get you from A to B?

Thanks for reading and talk to you later!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats madam Ess
    Can't wait for the Swahili week post :-)
    Ceri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies!!

    Amazing Sunday to you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cant wait for the Swahili week post.... lol

    it's like waiting on a "coming soon" flick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I hope you didn't get frustrated with me for taking a little longer than anticipated..
      I'll put more up soon!

      Great day babz :)

      Delete
  4. Hi?
    I totally love the business cards idea,it totally helps in publicising the blog. I'm totally going to have some made for my blog. Thanks for the idea.
    I'm looking forward to the Swahili Fashion Week post.
    Keep blogging girl. I enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this doesn't sound corny but I enjoy that you enjoy reading!! Makes me so happy to hear that.

      The business cards DO help loads - all the best with yours!
      xx

      Delete
  5. I totally love the business cards idea. i am going to make some plastic business cards look like that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...