Remember that movie? Not really a fitting title but why not put it in here anyway.
Just wanted to show ya the products I've been using on my face lately.. I try not to use foundation too often as I don't think using it daily is healthy for your skin. Plus when you're like me and sometimes get too lazy to wash off your make-up, you try and limit it to a minimal.
Eyes:
Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set kit
Avon Cosmetics Eyeshadow {top left shade as a highlighter and the bottom left shade to cover my lid}
Mac Studio Fix Lash Mascara
Hashmi Kajal Eyeliner
Lips:
Flomar #34
Lipshine Mineral Base {can't remember by who and it isn't written}
Clearly I tend to focus more on my eyes and leave the rest to God, good lighting and the right angles.
As for the lips, I've only just started experimenting with different colours. I always used to be so conscious of my lips and would never put any colour as it would draw more attention to them. But gone are those days baby. Long gone.
What make up can't you do without??
Your skin is so amazing - I'm jealous!! I definitely can't do without a bright lippie, I am all for colour on my lips!
ReplyDeleteSharleena xx
Now I finally know your name!
DeleteI've been trying to take LOADS of water which has helped my skin but I'm not quite there yet..
And I can't wait to try new lip colours!!
I must have mascara and lip gloss.. MUST. lol
ReplyDeleteI did comment earlier and now I dont see it!! I think something is going on with blogger because when I went to read your comments they were not on the blog but I definitly got the email for them. I was saying the for lip gloss and mascara are a MUST...lol. everything else just depends on my mood. =)
ReplyDeleteI took the word verify down!! I didnt know how! I never wanted it up. lol
Thanks!
Found your first comment in my Spam.. Weird. Behave blogger!
DeleteYaay for the end of the evil word verification thing! 10 points for you 0 for the robot spotter.
And I too often go with my mood - like today I've got nothing on my face but lipstick! Tomorrow I may go all out, who knows..
Why wouldn't you draw attention to your lips? I used to avoid bright lip colours because my lips are so thin. Been experimenting with red lately though :-)
ReplyDeleteI also avoid too smokey an eye as I think my eyes are too small as well.
Lol. I sound like I hate my face...for the record, I don't like my nose either :-P
I used to think they were huge and too pink! I think I actually grew into my lips haha!
DeleteRed is a great colour on you btw :)
I just stumbled on this old post:) I really like the lippy you have on. I think your skin looks good with or without makeup, can you do a post on your cleansing /moisturising routine?
ReplyDeleteYep I agree to using little foundation, my dermatologist told me it blocks pores thats why I'm breaking out yada yada . Since I don't have the most even skin tone, I have embarked on a mission to get it without foundation- hence why I am wasting $$$ on a dermatologist, lol. Anyway she recommended using powder instead or tinted moisturiser. In the meantime I am using some prescription I was given to clear dark spots plus aloe vera gel. 3 months and skin looks great
Oh Vee my face has really been misbehaving lately. I've been breaking out really bad - especially around my forehead and chin so I've just stuck to washing my face with a plain bar of soap twice a day and using a gentle scrub once a day. I stopped using my toner cos I wasn't sure if that was part of the problem.
DeleteWhere did you get the aloe vera gel from? I'm considering buying it and using it as my moisturiser.
I use a cleanser, toner, moisturiser,eye cream and sunscreen 2X daily, a scrub,mask,spot cream (for oncoming pimples) twice a week and a professional facial every 3 months (sarit center has a good place/spa). Though skin is different so find what works for you- clean and clear helped a little with my break outs ,but now I have that under control, so switched to less drying products. But what I have learnt ,if your skin breaks out a lot,check your moisturiser -get an oil free formular it doesn't block pores . Started this routine beginning this year, this days I only get the occasional breakouts around that time of the month and my spots have almost faded. Don't forget water, vitamins and good diet too, lol I'm obsessed with my skin.
ReplyDeleteYou can get Aloe Vera at our price town for around 1.5k (it works slowly but makes your face smooth) There is a creme version but I just went with the gel formular. Alternatively you can go ol' skul like our mums did and grow a little plant in the backyard and pray the dogs don't run over it :P
loool.vera,ati hope the dogs dont run over it.you are funny.
Deleteyour skin care routine sounds hella hectic.and expensive to maintain for an average lazy girl like me.
all i do is wash my face twice daily with ordinary bar soap, scrub twice in a week with a sugar-honey mixture i make at home.works like a charm btw.leaves my skin smooth and clean.moisturise with pure virgin olive oil(doubles up as makeup remover too).its natural oil so it never clogs up your pores.
i will add the aloe vera gel to this.i hear its wonderful