May 13, 2012

Therapy

After a very heavy duty week I thought it fit to indulge in some form of heavy duty shopping therapy.

To start with are some shatter nail polishes that my aunt was kind enough to pass on to me. She'd tried them on once, didn't like them and threw them in her bin! Of course I made her fish them out and pass them over.. One should never waste nail polish. It's in the nail polish rule book. Look it up.

 As the labels say: OPI Turquoise shatter; OPI Red Shatter and OPI Black Shatter. 
I've got to say, I'm not really fond of shatter nail polish.

 I recently discovered Super Cosmetics. Where the heck have I been doing all my beauty shopping all this time?! Clearly this is where the goods are when it comes to a wide range of very  affordable nail polish and other beauty products. I do however wish their range of products extended to even the more expensive ones.

Classics #18 (Shs 150); Jordana Garlic Growth Basecoat (Shs 350); Jordana Quick Dry Topcoat (Shs 350)
First time trying either of these brands. Who knew that Garlic could be used as a basecoat?! The foods that people put in our nail polish..

Luron #84; Luron #40; Luron #32; Luron #107 @Shs95 each!
 I can never resist buying this brand of nailpolish seeing as it is sooo cheap. I usually buy them at Shs110 each from Nakumatt so to find that it can even go as cheap as Shs95 at Super Cosmetics was a welcomed surprise.

Garnier Pure Active Deep Pore Unclogging Wash (Shs 850) and a Sport Purifying Toner (Shs 950). 

This was my very first time buying a toner. 23 years and all through out I've managed to maintain a toner-free facial cleansing regime. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing but I figured the time had come for me to start. In the past last week my forehead has managed to sum up an alarming amount of pimples and I'm not sure if it's got to do with stress, my period, the weather or my diet. Either way I'm not impressed and I needed to buy a product that promised "Results from DAY 1". So far, nothing miraculous has happened but I've only used it once so I'll give it a week before making any conclusive statements.

Garnier Self Heating Sauna Mask (Shs 220)
Used this face mask to sort of give my pimple-laden forehead a facial product overload. Directions say that the product should only be left on your face for 3mins but I had it on for 20. Ooops. Maybe that's why it didn't have any major effect on my face?? Not sure.. Also, judging from the name 'Self-Heating' I'd have assumed that there would be some hot sensation at one point but there was nada.

Aichun Beauty Aloe Vera Purify & Detox Facial Mask (Shs 100) and Aichun Beauty Cucumber Facial Mask (Shs 100)

Hashmi Kajal eye liner (Shs95)
A good friend of mine introduced me to this product about 2yrs ago and I love it! It's basically an eye pencil but you've got to use the wand below to get the product.


So glad to have discovered Super Cosmetics..  Will be going there a lot more often now. 

Do you find shopping as therapeutic as I do?

3 comments:

  1. Loved this post! I love hauls and most definitely find shopping therapeutic!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet you do what with all that stuff you keep doing reviews on!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ess, love your blog! Where exactly is Super Cosmetics? I've been looking for Garnier products in Nairobi that don't cost a million times the price of what i'd normally pay outside Kenya. Thanks and keep up the good work. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...