February 24, 2012

The Power

There's a new woman in town. A new, happier, more content woman. 

I went into the bookstore yesterday with the intention of getting an uplifting book and decided on getting The Secret which cost Shs 1,450. So I reached into my wallet and that's when I realised that I only had Shs1,100. 
*cue in gasps of shock and frantic search in bag for more money* 

The assistant with me was really helpful as he got the manager to give me a 10% discount but even that wouldn't have brought it down to Shs1,100. So I went up to the manager, explained how desperately I needed to start reading the book that specific night and lo and behold, he let me leave with it on condition that I would bring the Shs220 balance the next day! Which I did of course. His kindness melted my heart. It's not every day that a manager gives you a discount and lets you pay off your balance the next day. Especially when it was practically your first time walking into that bookstore.

Anyway so I get home and that's when I realise that I hadn't bought The Secret like I thought I did, but The Power. I don't think it matters much though, I reckon the message is pretty much the kind that I was looking for.. 

Have any of you read this book? What do you think of it?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my dear girl, your blog is so sweet and feels so honest. Am in awe. Keep it up. Currently reading the Magic and its really awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Effie your comment is so kind! You melted my heart right there.

      Yeah I read The Magic after I was done with The Power - really good books!
      Happy reading
      xx

      Delete
  2. AWWWW just discovered your blog and loved it instantly. As for this book, I'm against it, why? It's basically the Bible. The Bible is cheaper, it's just society that makes the Bible seem 'old fashioned'. Books like The Secret, The Magic and The Power are all rip offs of the Bible. Seemly read Proverbs and you'll see why I'm against it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it :)
      Thanks!!

      I've read through Proverbs before but nonetheless felt very moved by The Power and The Magic.

      But wait, if these books say basically the same thing that's in the Bible, why don't you like them?? Just curious..

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...